1) I will be a good sportsman. I recognize that many people will judge all snowmobile owners by my actions. I will use my nfluence with other snowmobilers to promote sportsmanlike conduct.
2) I will maintain clean trails and use areas. I will work to insure clean and pure streams and lakes.
3) I will safe guard all living trees, shrubs, and other natural features.
4) I will respect other peoples’ property and rights.
5) I will lend a helping hand when I see others in distress.
6) I will make myself and vehicle available to assist search and rescue.
7) I will respect the rights of hikers, skiers, snowshoers, ice fishermen, and other sportsmen. I will respect their right to enjoy our recreational facilities.
8) I will energetically strive to bring other winter recreational participants to recognize and respect my rights as a snowmobiler, explaining my needs
and, at the same time, listen to their needs.
9) I will learn and obey all federal,provincial, state, and local rules regulating the operation, of snowmobiles in areas where I use my vehicle. I will inform public officials, as , when using public lands.
10) I will not harass wildlife and will always avoid areas posted for the protection or feeding of wildlife.
11) I will use marked trails,areas, and roads open to snowmobiles. I will not travel where prohibited.
As a member of a snowmobile club I, the undersigned, owner of the snowmobile described above, declare that I am liable for the use of a trail in conformance with the snowmobile laws and rules of the state of Vermont. I declare that I am well aware of the risk related to the presence of tree branches, stones,and soil on the trail as well as the risks related to the maintenance and signing of a trail. I consequently declare that I deny my own recourse to any damage, be it of any kind, that could happen to me in the use of a trail.
I also pledge that I will inform any person to whom I would lend or rent the snowmobile that I own, of the risk above mentioned and will advise them that the association, the club or the owners of the trail do not assume any responsibility for the damages they could undergo while using a trail.
I have read and understand the Code of Ethics and the Limited Liability Statement.
All snowmobilers born after July 1,1983 must have (and carry with them when riding) a Vermont Safety Certificate or equivalent.